MFG Women

FINDING MY PLACE AND POWER IN MANUFACTURING

• 1.  FINDING MY PLACE AND POWER IN MANUFACTURING

Posted 11-12-2019 12:46

Sharing our Journeys:  Finding My Place and Power in Manufacturing

Manufacturing Industry Leader
               Mother          Project Management Innovator      Wife       STEM Mentor/Advocate      Global Citizen    

All the above are roles I have embraced to not only pursue my passion for innovation in and promoting the personal and societal benefits of the manufacturing industry, but to also find my place, voice and eventual power in manufacturing.

Although we are all different, we are women and most of us face similar challenges in our careers in male-dominated industries. I believe we must embrace our personal journeys as catalysts to increasing innovation in manufacturing, improve the manufacturing workplace for all and inspire the next generation of female manufacturing leaders. 

As a STEP Ahead 2019 honoree and in observance of National STEM Day (November 8)  I had the unique opportunity to share my journey and insights with the Siemens Energy, Inc. community.   It is my hope that this post inspires you to share your personal journey with the purpose of inspiring and retaining our current and next generation of female manufacturing leaders.

The following is a direct link to the blog post:

The Manufacturing Institute's STEP Women's Initiative: Inspiring women in manufacturing

------------------------------
    Mutsa Kemp
    Project Manager
    Siemens Energy, Inc.
    ------------------------------