MFG Women

Expand all | Collapse all

Important business aspects to draw more women to manufacturing

• 1.  Important business aspects to draw more women to manufacturing

Posted 07-06-2018 09:37

We here at ACMT, Inc. Advanced Composites & Metalforming Technologies are very fortunate that 4 of our 8 executive staff are female and in our whole organization it's 70/30 and two more females start next week! I would be interested to know from this group, in your mind, what is the most important business aspect to draw more women to manufacturing?

------------------------------
    Michael Polo
    AC MT AdChem Manufacturing Technologies, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Important business aspects to draw more women to manufacturing

Posted 07-08-2018 13:49

Hello Michael,

Congratulations on developing such a dynamic team!

For me, it's not necessarily drawing more women to my company but developing a strong culture that is welcoming to everyone - no matter their gender, race or religion.  I'm proud to have almost a 50/50 split between both genders represent Pioneer Service. This includes every department, from office to management to the shop floor. When touring our operations, people immediately notice our culture.  It helps that my top Swiss setup person is a woman! That wasn't because I was looking for "her" but because she qualified for the position and knew that she was joining a company that welcomes diversity.

It takes time to build that -  but through networking, marketing, and a strong team to backup your words, you'll draw the best of the best, men and WOMEN!

Good luck!

Aneesa Muthana

President/Owner

Pioneer Service Inc.
    542 W Factory Road, Addison, IL 60101

www.PioneerServiceInc.com

Aneesa Muthana
    President / Owner
    Pioneer Service Inc.
    Addison IL
    630-628-0249