MFG Veterans

What are the most important characteristics you are looking for in an interview?

• 1.  What are the most important characteristics you are looking for in an interview?

Posted 04-23-2018 07:31

What are the most important characteristics you are looking for in an interview?  I am of the new school thought process on this topic but in a nut shell here it is. The people around you are the most important part of  keeping operations simple. I believe the process of surrounding yourself with people based on the three characteristics that Patrick Lencioni lays out in the Ideal Team Player is the best possible scenario for success.  My interpretation of these characteristics is:  Humble; are you willing to put aside your personal need to advance, to help advance the goals of the team?  Hungry; are you excited about and motivated to assist the team in new challenges every day?  Smart; Can you sense and feel your emotions, the emotions of the team around you, and respond to it in a positive way?  If you can ask these questions and get a positive answer or an answer that allows you to believe the team mate can learn these characteristics then you have a person ready to assist you.  

------------------------------
    Joshua Gibbs
    Chief Operations Officer
    JEM Engineering
    Laurel MD
    301-317-1070 ext. 155
    ------------------------------