MFG Veterans

Expand all | Collapse all

How do I like to be managed

• 1.  How do I like to be managed

Posted 04-17-2018 16:07
    Edited by Jennifer Hollingsworth 04-17-2018 16:16
    I like to be mentored and treated with respect when it comes to being managed. We are all human so respect gets you far from my experience. I like a compotent leader who is supportive and positive and able to give proper guidance when needed.

------------------------------
    Jennifer Hollingsworth
    785-209-2101

• 2.  RE: How do I like to be managed

Posted 04-17-2018 16:39
    i like to be treated as a member of a team. I like to feel as if i matter. I hate it when you have a leader that is his/her way or the highway. A good leader will listen to all members of his/her team. Someone else might have a better way to get the job done and in a safer manner. Just because you are in charge does not mean that you are always right. The golden rule is treat others as you want to be treated. I like to be treated with respect. To get respect, you have to give it first. I person that is respected will respect you.

Walter Phillips
    706-315-9104

• 3.  RE: How do I like to be managed

Posted 04-17-2018 16:51
    Interesting topic being that i just received my DD214 this past Wednesday. Honestly, I am a fire and forget type of worker. If you tell me to do something ill get it done within the required time frame. I have a certain way of and don't like to be micromanaged. However, I am not afraid to ask questions or clear up and confusion along the way of completing the task.

Dennis Hawkins
    720-421-3723

• 4.  RE: How do I like to be managed

Posted 04-17-2018 17:11
    From my experience with management, I would like to be mentored an have a lead by example leader. I am the kind of person that will accomplish a task when given, but I also have to get it done right the first time. So that being said, if I don't know what to do or if I need guidance, I will come back with questions and expect answers or examples on the task at hand. I don't expect you to know everything but I'm not the kind of person to takes "figure it out" lightly without given a direction.

Matthew Green
    (479)295-0300