MFG Veterans

Expand all | Collapse all

What made you get in manufacturing?

• 1.  What made you get in manufacturing?

Posted 04-18-2018 18:56
    Hello everyone, I was just wondering what made you get into manufacturing? I'm getting into this field because manufacturing is my true passion. I see all the thing in our lives that was made by someone in a factory somewhere in the world. So I wanted to read how others in manufacturing field got started and what was there first impression?

------------------------------
    SSG Charles Granger
    Supervisor
    US Army
    Fort Riley Kansas
    904-236-8804

• 2.  RE: What made you get in manufacturing?

Posted 04-19-2018 10:30
    Honestly, I stumbled into Manufacturing.   I came out of the military with the mindset that if it was man made I could fix it.  I had every intention of continuing to work on aircraft in the civilian world.  I went to school for it and even took a position overhauling aircraft engines out of school.  After deciding to move back to my home state I was presented with an opportunity to lead a manufacturing build team.  Since then I have been gradually promoted and have run divisions of manufacturing companies.  Manufacturing and military members work well because more times then not the structure of management is the same and the process of completing tasks are the same.

Joshua Gibbs
    Chief Operations Officer
    JEM Engineering
    Laurel MD
    301-317-1070 ext. 155