MFG Women

Expand all | Collapse all

Military to Manufacturing: Share Your Story!

• 1.  Military to Manufacturing: Share Your Story!

Posted 29 days ago

In honor of Veterans Day, we'd like to highlight individuals who have made the transition from military to manufacturing. Throughout the month of November, we'll hear from several veterans on their journey into manufacturing.

My name is Amy Thomas, Senior Director of Programs and Development at the Manufacturing Institute, and I manage the Institute's Heroes MAKE America program, which helps to build a pipeline from military to manufacturing careers for transitioning service members. The core elements of military training that allow America's service members to be the best in the world-include teamwork, commitment to mission, communication and critical thinking.  These skills are not only essential to mission success but are also essential to manufacturing success. Through this program I've encountered so many dedicated service members with immeasurable talent who were able to thrive in a manufacturing setting and make a better life for them and their families. Here at the Institute we are committed to closing the manufacturing skills gap and creating new future for those who have sacrificed so much to make our lives better.

If you are a veteran who has made the transition from military into manufacturing, we welcome you to share your story with the online community.

------------------------------
    Amy Thomas
    Senior Director
    The Manufacturing Institute
    Washington DC
    913-972-4179

• 2.  RE: Military to Manufacturing: Share Your Story!

Posted 28 days ago
      |   view attached
    Except for me and the other short woman, the others are veterans and working in the trades.

• 3.  RE: Military to Manufacturing: Share Your Story!

Posted 27 days ago
    Congratulations on securing the Samsung partnership to help grow HMA, Amy!

Amy Billquist
    Executive Administrator
    Kansas Manufacturing Council
    Topeka KS
    816-863-4570

• 4.  RE: Military to Manufacturing: Share Your Story!

Posted 16 days ago

#MotivationMonday

We sat down with three women veterans who found their next career in manufacturing. Listen to their amazing journeys in this video from Arconic Foundation:

E3I&t=20s

AJ Jorgenson
    AVP, Strategic Engagement
    The Manufacturing Institute
    Washington DC
    202-637-3115