MFG Women

MI_STEP_Awards_2019_Website_NominationsGraphics3.jpg

Latest Discussion Posts

• Profile Picture

RE: Makerspaces

Posted in: MFG Women

​It is not only boys that help their dads in the basement.  Fathers should include their daughters when they fix or make things.  I was my dad's chief helper ( I was also the oldest of 4 kids).  I knew what every tool in his tool box was and helped him ...

• Posted in: MFG Women

We had a fascinating, discussion-filled webinar with Jodi Keller, VP of United Scrap Metal yesterday focused on workplace flexibility as a mother and executive.  We specifically discussed two policies at United Scrap that Jodi helped implement after realizing ...

Reminder!  Tomorrow we're hosting our second   "#Trendin g: Workplace Flexibility" webinar on the   #MFGWomen  online community featuring   Jodi Keller , VP of United Scrap Metal and 2016 STEP Ahead Alumna on balancing her career as an executive in ...

@Mutsa Kemp you KNOW how much I love this.  What a doll your daughter was , and it was so impactful for me to literally SEE how inspired she was by you.  It was the definition of a MFGWoman role model. ------------------------------ AJ Jorgenson AVP, ...

Latest Shared Files

Announcements

• REGISTER NOW! #Trending: Workplace Flexibility | Part 2 Jodi Keller, VP of United Scrap Metal

When asked what programs do women find most impactful, flexible work practices continually rank as a top priority.

Companies can unleash the full potential of their workforce by creating a culture where unique strengths thrive. Understanding and addressing needs such as flexible workplace options also aid in recruitment and retention.

The STEP Women's Initiative is launching a webinar and best practice series on flexible practices in the manufacturing industry, hearing directly from industry leaders about practices and polices they have successfully implemented and thought leadership on improvements needed in the industry.

Join us for our second in the series, and hear from @Jodi Keller, Vice President at United Scrap Metal and a 2016 STEP Ahead Alumna.  Jodi is an executive, mother, mentor, and passionate advocate for the manufacturing industry -- we're thrilled to have her ​join us to discuss workplace flexibility and the art of creating your own balance.

Please register for #Trending: Workplace Flexibility Webinar Series | Part 2 with Jodi Keller, VP, United Scrap Metal and 2016 STEP Ahead Honoree on May 16, 2019 2:00 PM EDT at:

https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6543061054509123340

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.

Brought to you by GoToWebinar®
    Webinars Made Easy®
  • New Partnership with Politico

Last week, we announced the exciting new partnership between Politico’s Women Rule and The Manufacturing Institute’s STEP Women’s Initiative.

As part of that partnership, Politico’s Anna Palmer recorded an episode of the Women Rule podcast at the STEP Ahead Awards last week in which she talked with Framebridge Founder and CEO Susan Tynan. The podcast is now live!

The partnership will continue with a series of regional STEP Forward events throughout the year—all aimed at closing the gender gap in manufacturing and spotlighting the high-paying, high-tech career opportunities for women in the industry.

Recent Blogs List

MY MANUFACTURING STORY BY TAMARA SOMERVILLE, CEO OF POSI LOCK PULLER, INC.   Most people within the world of ...

Happy International Women’s Day!   We have lofty goals for the year ahead following the cultural phenomenon ...

Manufacturing Day is fast approaching. On October 5 and throughout the month of October, hundreds of factories, technical ...