MFG Women

2019STEPcommunitygraphic.jpg

Latest Discussion Posts

• Posted in: MFG Women

Keya Grant Supplier Diversity Lead WestRock Company "Manufacturing is a vast industry that offers many career paths. I work for a company that produces some of the most innovative products in the world. WestRock values my work, which therefore ...

Dana Scott Maintenance and Technical Services Director BASF Corporation "Working in manufacturing feeds my passion for continuous learning. I've had a rewarding career with opportunities I could not have imagined as a young girl who loved math ...

Welcome, Dari! ------------------------------ Victoria Vaccari Director, Women's Engagement The Manufacturing Institute Washington DC 202-637-3404 vvaccari@nam.org ------------------------------

OMG a great story, beauty coexisting with productive and practical. (In the same vein, service technicians at a garage once changed my car radio to classical music!) If trades and technical careers are to be more esteemed, it has to come from valuing ...

Announcements

• We're Live! Meet the 2019 STEP Ahead Honorees and Emerging Leaders!

The Manufacturing Institute is proud to announce our 100 Honorees and 30 Emerging Leaders for the STEP Ahead Awards 2019! Our Honorees and Emerging Leaders come from 100 different companies, represent all levels of manufacturing, and show the diversity of manufacturing careers.  We are thrilled to have our 2019 Honorees and Emerging Leaders join us in DC on April 10th and 11th for the STEP Ahead Program.  Meet our new class in the link attached!

Community Blogs

• MY MANUFACTURING STORY BY TAMARA SOMERVILLE, CEO OF POSI LOCK PULLER, INC.   Most people within the world of manufacturing and maintenance have heard of a bearing puller – and those that have not can probably guess what it would be used for. ...

• Happy International Women’s Day!   We have lofty goals for the year ahead following the cultural phenomenon that was the “Year of the Woman” in 2018.  Here at the Manufacturing Institute, we plan on making just as much (if not more) ...

• Manufacturing Day is fast approaching. On October 5 and throughout the month of October, hundreds of factories, technical schools, and business organizations around the country will host events to show thousands  of students, parents, and educators ...